Thursday, April 23, 2009

V&M installment 1-word of wisdom

Before I begin with these installments I have to recognize Bob for giving me a good jumping off point. Much of the first few installments will based on scriptures and quotations that he has already noted, I will just expound.

I will start with the word Word of Wisdom:
"Flesh also of beasts and of the fowls of the air, I, the Lord, have ordained for the use of man with thanksgiving; nevertheless they are to be used sparingly; And it is pleasing unto me that they should not be used, only in times of winter, or of cold, or famine" (D&C 89:12-13 aka Word of Wisdom, emphasis added).

God has provided animals for our use, yes, but we are not in famine..look around, we (in America) actually have an overabundance of food. Therefore we should refrain, or at the very least use sparingly (not have it be the focal point of every single meal).

And for the record, if I was starving, I would have no problem feeding myself and family meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment