Sunday, March 22, 2009

vegan on the go

Many people have told me that they just don't have the time or energy to be vegan, so I thought I would share some of my quick fixes when I am short on time.

Breakfast

  • toast w/ pb&j
  • cereal with soymilk
  • soy yogurt
  • oatmeal
Lunch/ Dinner
Trader joes has a great selection of vegan friendly frozen/packaged goods, we like:
  • Their vegan frozen pizza
  • Black bean and tofu enchiladas
  • Vegan burritos
  • Indian fares (they have two vegan kinds)
  • Vegetable potstickers
  • Soups and vegan chili
Other suggestions:
  • Pasta and a non-cream sauce is always easy
  • Stir fry with tofu
  • Tofu scramble
  • PB&J
  • Amy's packaged products
Dessert/ candy
  • soy ice cream from trader joe's or any store
  • Tofutti cuties
  • oreos
  • junior mints
  • Any cake/ brownie mix using substitutes (soymilk-milk, earthbalance-butter, enerG-egg, the options are limitless)

These are just a few, but eating on the go Vegan-style is really easy.
Here is a huge list of "I can't believe it's Vegan snacks"

No comments:

Post a Comment