Sunday, March 29, 2009

current status

When I first became vegan, I was so amazed by all the things I could actually eat! The desserts that tasted just as decadent as the unhealthy version, comfort foods that could taste fattening without being so, and store bought snacks that qualified as vegan. Every meal I prepared was an exciting challenge. Anyone can make chocolate chip cookies, but what an accomplishment to make them vegan and delicious. While I sometimes still get excited by 'imitation' recipes, I am no longer shocked by vegan deliciousness. I now know with a certainty that anything can be made vegan.
With that said, Dan and I have decided to embrace foods in their natural form and to try and make meals that don't focus on being "just like the real thing!" We are also trying to incorporate a greater number of raw meals into our diet (raw food is just incredible, the way you feel after a raw meal, and the amazing things it does to your body) and eat less refined sugar and processed foods.
I don't really know the purpose of this post, this is just what has been on my mind lately regarding food, I will keep you posted on how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment