Sunday, March 29, 2009

Past few days

Sorry for the lapse in writing, I have been busy hosting dinners and this weekend Dan and I were in Ashland.

Wednesday night we had the missionaries over, I prepared vegan lasagna. I used Isa's recipe from Veganomicon. It looks just like the real thing, the filling is spinach and a tofu ricotta. I also made garlic bread just using Earth Balance instead of butter.
Earth Balance: I usually try to avoid 'fake' things or really processed foods, but Earth Balance really is a great alternative, it tastes the best and is probably the healthiest 'margarine' out there.

Thursday we had a family from the ward over. I made snobby joes, also from Veganomicon. That book is a must. I liked this recipe because it used lentils (we are trying to eat less soymilk and tofu- more on that later). I then made a vegan cole slaw on the side, with brownies for dessert.
sorry for the unappetizing photo


The vegan brownies were actually from a box, I was just feeling too lazy. The mix called for eggs and butter, but I just used EnerG egg replacers, and applesauce and earthbalance. *When using mixes, be sure to check the ingredients. Don't get it if it has CASEIN in it! That is a milk by-product and is posion. A lot of "non-dairy" cheeses use casein, so beware!

No comments:

Post a Comment