Saturday, March 21, 2009

somewhat ironic post


One of my main reasons for starting this blog is to show how accessible and easy it is to be vegan, so what is my first food post? Chia and hemp milk, two things I guarantee most people don't have lying around the house or can pick up at Albertsons. But it was delicious and so healthy that I thought I should blog about it anyway.

What is Chia? think chia pets ...its a seed.
Why eat it? it is the highest known vegetable source of Omega 3 fatty acids, and 1oz. has 4g. of protein.

I used the recipe from this blog.

I just soaked the chia in hemp milk overnight (you can use soy, almond or rice too), added some cinnamon and topped with fresh fruit. Perfect breakfast.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete