Sunday, September 19, 2010

Raw day 6

breakfast: skipped
lunch: large Taco Salad, and an orange
dinner: zucchinni pasta in a cashew lemon cream sauce
snack: beet, carrot, and "extras" juice, raw blondies

A raw diet obviously uses a lot of produce, and as such will generate a lot of discarded parts i.e. the tops to zucchini, the greens of a carrot, the peel and inside of a lemon, the stems of chard. I have been saving these 'extras' in a container in my fridge so I could throw them in to my next juice. Waste not want not!
After I drank my juice, I mixed the pulp with ground flax, whole flax, and chia to make crackers

dehydrate overnight.
Recipe

Pasta in a Lemon Cream Sauce
Ingredients
2 zucchini
1 c. of hemp sour cream (left over from taco salad)
1/2 c. cashews (soaked)
juice of 1 lemon
1/4 c. basil
sea salt and fresh pepper
water (add slowly until you reach desired consistency)

make pasta from zucchini, blend all other ingredients in blender. Mix and serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment