Saturday, September 18, 2010

Raw day 5

This may be the longest I have ever been 100% raw. I feel great and it really hasn't been much of a challenge. In the evening of day 3 I started to get a bad headache (detoxing). I didn't want to take Advil, so I tried to sleep it off, but around 4 am I couldn't sleep it was pounding so hard, so I gave in and medicated. The next morning I woke up feeling great and haven't felt poorly ever since.

Food Diary
breakfast: A tall glass of "nature's gatorade" aka coconut water.
fun fact: Coconut water is packed with electrolytes.
be sure to save the meat!
lunch: Taco Salad, comprised of Raw Taco Meat, Hemp Sour Cream, avocado, cabbage, tomato, and bell pepper. With a side of Corn Chips
dinner: Salad with Raw Garlic Tahini dressing
dessert: Chocolate Coconut Mousse (from my local market)

Recipes
Hemp Sour Cream, recipe found here, the video gives a great tutorial and demonstrates how to open a coconut
Taco 'Meat'
Ingredients
1.5 c. Walnuts, soaked in water for 1-4 hours and drained
2 tbsp. Cumin
1 tsp. Chili Powder
2 garlic cloves
juice of 1 Lime
sea salt

Corn Chips
2 c. corn
pinch of cayenne
sea salt

blend together in food processor. press flat onto teflex dehydrator sheet or use wax paper, and dehydrate overnight for about 10-12 hours, or until crunchy.

1 comment:

  1. This is SO good. I went over to her house and brought my own Mexican take out that I thought was good, that is until I tasted this. Oh my gosh! Can I have more please?

    ReplyDelete