Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tempeh Lettuce Wraps

I came up with this recipe this evening when I really did not want to go to the store. It actually turned out great, so I will share it. Mind you, I never measure, so I have not given any measurements, just do what feel right.

For the wraps:
lettuce!
cucumber

Filling:
package of tempeh, marinated
onion
garlic
carrots

Marinade
Sesame oil
Chili oil
soy sauce

Dipping sauce: just combine the two rice wine vinegar
ginger sauce (from store)

Marinade tempeh, I was short on time so I only did 10 minutes, but longer is usually better. In a pan saute onions and garlic. Crumble the tempeh and add to the pan, cook until browned. Add carrots and continue to saute until carrots are softened.



if you are wondering why our food is on the floor,
we have been consigned to eating dinners down here
since our dining table has been converted to an apartment manager's office.


we also had vegan gyozas (just found in the freezer aisle of trader joes)




2 comments:

  1. What a funny coincidence- I just posted about tempeh cabbage wraps! Great minds think alike, huh? ;)

    ReplyDelete