Saturday, May 16, 2009

i recently found out that gum has aspartame! I was shocked. Firstly because I read labels on everything just for sheer curiosity and somehow this has slipped my radar the past few years.; and secondly because I chew gum religiously, or did anyway.

Aspartame is so so so bad for you, anyone who drinks diet soda needs to stop. And if you know aspartame is bad and still drink diet soda, shame on you. It is linked to cancer, neurological damage, memory loss, etc. What irks me most about diet soda is that it is most Mormon's drug of choice (given the whole no coffee and tea thing[herbal is ok]). We Mormon's are lucky to have the Word of Wisdom, basic guidelines to keep you healthy and clear-minded, and we should embrace the spirit of this decree. Yet many members see the Word of Wisdom as restrictive and try to skirt the guidelines... so instead of drinking of coffee they drink soda (although I bet if soda existed in the 1800s it would be included in the WofW). Our bodies are gifts and should be treated as such.

Anyway, so apparently all sugarless gum has aspartame, anyone know of a good substitute?

1 comment:

  1. Spry gum (http://www.sprygum.com/)

    My mom just bought a ton of it at Sprouts. It tastes good... and is good for your teeth! I'm pretty sure it's sweetened with 100% xylitol.

    ReplyDelete