Wednesday, August 18, 2010

vegan a go go tip #2

Do your research!

Get to know vegan options at chain restaurants, or snack food items that you can pick up at any store. Por ejemplo, I really like Chipotle's vegetarian salad sans cheese and sour cream. I hold the dressing and get extra salsa, if I am really hungry I get guacamole (at no extra cost, huzzah!) So on long road trips, Dan and I research locations for Chipotle, then make sure that's where we stop for food. If you plan ahead, you are less likely to stop just anywhere, and in your haste devour a cheeseburger.

Also, pack snacks. On flights, we will pack a few pbj's (they transport easily), carrots, and apples. This way, if our flight is delayed, or we can't find any good airport restaurants, we have a back up plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment