Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Donuts!

We are lucky here in Eugene because we have two vegan donut places: Holy Donuts, which also has gluten-free donuts, and the world famous Voodoo Doughnuts. Given that we have two great donut shops, in close proximity, with items I can actually eat, I don't tend to crave donuts all too often. However, when Betty posted a recipe for homemade non-fried vegan donuts, I couldn't resist. The recipe comes from Vegan Yum Yum, one of my favorite vegan blogs.

I followed the recipe exactly, with the exception of :replacing soymilk for coconut milk, and using Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Flour in place of real flour. Also, I don't happen to have a donut pan, so I improvised by using a cupcake pan.
To do this, fill the pan with batter about 1/3 of the way, and bake as directed. Once they are baked and slightly cooled, use a funnel spout to poke a donut hole.

click here for the recipe.


With the left over chocolate, I made frozen bananas.

1 comment:

  1. Delicious! I'm so glad I could share the recipe with you. This is the glaze recipe I used: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/chocolate-doughnut-glaze-recipe/index.html
    I'm pretty sure you could sub coconut milk for the regular milk EASILY and some soy-free earth balance for the butter. It was shiny and sweet (but not sickly so) and not too thick (which is what I thought about the melted chocolate)

    ReplyDelete