Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Potato Scramble

You've heard (or read) about my love of the tofu scramble, and don't get me wrong, I really do love this dish. However, in an effort to eat less soy, I have been trying to find a substitute for the tofu. I knew this wouldn't be an easy task considering tofu is the main ingredient, and it is tofu's crumbliness that gives the scramble-like texture. But I thought of one! Well not an exact substitute, and maybe its a stretch, but it does the trick: The Potato Scramble!

I precooked the potatoes, then shredded them in a food processor. In a pan I added veggies, spices (turmeric, paprika, cumin, salt pepper, basil) and sauteed everything together.

It turned out pretty well, definitely not scramble-like though. I think in the future I will use the potato as a shell and make an 'omelet'.

No comments:

Post a Comment