Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Tofu Scramble

I can't believe I haven't posted a tofu scramble recipe yet. Maybe because it is so simple and I make them so frequently that I didn't think it merited much attention. But it does! This is such a great go to meal, any time of day. You can add whatever vegetables you have lying around, and make so many variations.

For the most basic scramble you need:
Block of tofu
Turmeric (gives the tofu its yellow color)
Other spices ( I usually use paprika, cumin, oregano)
vegetables

I like to add some miso paste, it gives a great flavor, and nutritional yeast. Here is the recipe for this morning's creation.


1 block of tofu
1 tbs. olive oil
half an onion
1. zucchini
a bunch of kale
2. heirloom tomatoes
1-2 tbs. turmeric
2 tbs. nutritional yeast
2 tbs. miso paste
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. oregano
salt and pepper.

Process
saute the onions in olive oil until translucent. add the tofu and saute for a few minutes. add the spices/herbs. stir in vegetables, heat until vegetables are cooked to your liking*

*the more the vegetables are cooked the less healthy they become



1 comment:

  1. reminds me of the veggie scramble i had when i came to visit! nummies!

    ReplyDelete