Saturday, July 2, 2011

Fancier Pasta and Red sauce and Garlic Bread...a go to meal

If ever I have last minute, non-vegan company coming for dinner this is a meal I often prepare. I call it "Fancier Pasta and Red Sauce". It's basically pasta and red sauce, but get this- fancier! I use a brown-rice pasta and then just sort of make up the sauce as I go, but I will provide a rough recipe. Note: I got distracted and neglected to take any final photos, my apologies. 



Ingredients
1/2- 3/4 jar of marinara sauce
1/4 c. sun dried tomatoes
1/2 can garbanzo beans
good deal of olive oil
1/4 c. kalamata olives
1/2 onion
1 clove of garlic
few tbs. of red wine
some dried basil and oregano

In oil, saute onions for a few minutes then add sun dried tomatoes and garlic. Add red wine and allow to simmer. Add garbanzo beans and olives, saute for a few minutes then mix in red sauce and herbs. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add to cooked pasta and serve.

Garlic Bread
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice a hearty loaf of bread in half lengthwise. Then in a small dish, mix earth balance with a great deal of garlic and some dried oregano. Spread on both halves of the bread. Place in oven for about 10 minutes, then broil for additional two minutes or until slightly browned. 


No comments:

Post a Comment