Sunday, August 9, 2009

Thai Rice Noodles

I have been trying to cut out wheat, as I am 95% sure I am wheat intolerant, so I have been experimenting with some alternatives. At the Asian market I picked up rice noodles and made a cold Thai salad for tonight's dinner. It turned out great.



Recipe (very rough, as I made zero measurements)
thai rice noodles
broccoli
cilantro
tomatoes
onion
(i just used what i had around the house, mung bean sprouts would be great)

Sauce
peanut butter
peanut oil
chile oil
lime
cilantro
tamari or soy sauce
agave

Process
Boil noodles until soft.
While waiting for water to boil, saute onions, broccoli and tomatoes, until slightly cooked- but not soft.

In a small sauce pan combine the sauce ingredients to taste.

Strain noodles, combine sauce and vegetables. Refrigerate until cold.






No comments:

Post a Comment